- 85g (1/2 cup) whole blanched almonds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 bunch bok choy, washed, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1 bunch choy sum, washed, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, washed, cut into 8cm lengths
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 (about 550g) chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Cooked jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat a wok over medium heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Step 2Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in the wok over medium heat. Add the stems of bok choy, choy sum and broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the leaves and stir-fry for a further minute or until just wilted. Add the soy sauce. Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until softened slightly. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of remaining oil to the wok and swirl to coat the surface. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Return all chicken and onion to the wok. Add the hoisin sauce and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute or until combined and heated through.
- Step 4Place the Asian greens on serving plates and top with the hoisin chicken. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately with steamed rice.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Amanda Kelly
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste