- 500g chat potatoes, halved
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, halved
- 2 bunches spring onions, trimmed, bulbs halved
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1kg beef eye round roast (Virginian)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons instant traditional gravy powder
- 1 cup water, boiling
- Baby spinach, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Place potato, radish and onion in a large roasting pan. Combine maple syrup and 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over vegetables. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Drizzle beef with remaining oil. Rub to coat. Cook, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a chopping board. Spread 2 tablespoons mustard all over beef. Press breadcrumb mixture evenly over beef, to coat.
- Step 3Add beef to pan with vegetables. Spray with oil. Roast for 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4Place gravy powder in a heatproof jug. Add boiling water. Stir until smooth. Stir in remaining mustard. Slice remaining beef and serve with roast vegetables, spinach and gravy.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas