- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 small carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can Coles Brand diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250g Latina Fresh spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 100g green beans, trimmed, cut diagonally into 5cm lengths
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 120g pkt Coles Brand Australian baby kale
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and carrot and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until garlic is fragrant. Add the stock, tomato and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until soup thickens slightly.
- Step 2Add the tortellini to the soup and cook for 5 mins or until pasta is almost tender. Stir in the beans and peas and cook for 3 mins or until beans are just tender. Add three-quarters of the kale and stir to combine. Cook for 30 seconds or until kale just wilts.
- Step 3Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with remaining kale and sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles