1582 kj Energy
23g Fat Total
8g Saturated Fat
5g Carbs (sugar)
31g Carbs (total)
Hash browns with chilli corn salsaPrint Recipe
- 2 large (about 600g) waxy potatoes (such as sebago)
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream, to serve Chilli corn salsa
- 310g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno chillies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Step 1Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes and onion. Wrap in a clean cloth and squeeze out the excess liquid. Place in a bowl with egg, flour, parsley, salt and pepper, and toss well. Divide into 8 even portions.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Spoon 4 of the potato portions into the frypan, flattening with the back of the spoon as you go. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Keep warm while you repeat with the remaining oil and potato mixture.
- Step 3For the chilli corn salsa, place all the ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Step 4Top hash browns with salsa and sour cream, scatter with coriander and serve.
- Author: Jill Dupleix
- Image credit: Steve Baccon
- Publication: Taste.com.au