- 500g beef mince
- 1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs (made with day-old bread)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 x 450g tin baby beetroot, drained, chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded mint
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 wholemeal bread rolls, split, toasted
- Whole-egg mayonnaise, to serve
- Butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- Potato wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine the beef, breadcrumbs, mint and paprika in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Divide into four even portions and shape each portion into a 10cm-diameter patty. Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Preheat a grill on high. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Place a slice of cheese on each patty and place on an oven tray. Cook under preheated grill for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Step 4Meanwhile, combine the beetroot, tomato, onion, coriander, mint and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Step 5Place the base of a bread roll on each serving plate. Spread with mayonnaise and top with lettuce. Top with a patty and spoon over the salsa. Top with remaining bread. Serve immediately with potato wedges, if desired.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Notebook: