- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rashers rindless shortcut bacon, excess fat trimmed
- 1 425g can baby beetroot, drained
- 2 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 green cucumber, sliced
- 4 slices light cheese (Kraft brand)
- Step 1Combine mince, egg white and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal portions. Shape portions into 10cm-wide patties.
- Step 2Cook patties in a non-stick frying pan for 4 minutes each side.
- Step 3Cook bacon in same frying pan for 3 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 4Process beetroot and yoghurt in a food processor. Season to taste.
- Step 5Toast buns. Top bottom halves with lettuce, cucumber, cheese, bacon and a patty. Top with a dollop of beetroot puree and remaining bun halves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Amanda Kelly
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste