- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 100g ham, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- Step 1Use pastry to line base and sides of a 2.5cm deep, 22cm (base) fluted, loosebased flan pan. Trim excess pastry. Freeze for 10 minutes or until pastry is firm.
- Step 2Preheat oven and a baking tray to 200°C. Place flan on hot tray. Bake pastry case for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- Step 3Spread ham, feta and tomatoes over pastry. Beat eggs, cream and salt and pepper in a jug. Pour into pastry case. Bake for 25 minutes or until set in centre. Serve.
- Low carb
To freeze: Allow to cool for 30 minutes. Remove from pan. Place in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat: Thaw in fridge for 12 hours. Place quiche on a baking tray and heat in a 180°C oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas