- Olive oil spray
- 100g Double Smoked Leg Ham
- 50g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 25g (1/4 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 6 eggs
- 6 thick white bread slices
- 3 teaspoons butter or margarine
- Tomato chutney, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray six 200ml-capacity muffin pans with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Line the base of each pan with 2 ham slices.
- Step 2Divide the spinach and cheddar evenly among the pans. Crack an egg into each pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Spread each slice of bread with butter. Use a 9cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut 1 disc from each bread slice. Place a bread slice, butter-side down, on top of each egg. Bake for 8 minutes or until egg is set and bread is golden. Run a small knife around the inside edge of each pan. Turn pies out onto a baking tray.
- Step 4Preheat grill on high. Cook under grill for 2 minutes or until the ham is crisp. Divide among serving plates. Top with chutney. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Heidi Flett & Abi Ulgiati
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste