- 2 x 7g sachets instant dried yeast
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 100g shaved ham, thinly sliced (see note)
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained, roughly chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, diced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Step 1Place yeast, sugar, salt and warm water in a jug. Whisk with a fork until yeast has dissolved. Cover. Stand in a warm place for 20 minutes or until frothy.
- Step 2Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in centre. Add yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 to 7 minutes, adding more flour if necessary, or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large, oiled bowl. Cover. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Using your fist, punch down centre of dough. Knead for 20 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Divide dough into 8 portions. Roll out each portion to a 15cm round. Place rounds on greased mini pizza pans.
- Step 4Place pasta sauce, ham, pineapple, capsicum and cheese in separate bowls. Let kids arrange toppings on rounds.
- Step 5Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and bases are crisp. Serve.
You’ll need eight 15cm mini pizza pans.
Add some extra fun to the pizzas by cutting the ham into different shapes. Try stars, diamonds and circles.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas