- 140g (2 cups) spiral pasta
- 100g 97% fat-free traditional smoked leg ham, cut into 1cm thick strips
- 150g bought marinated chargrilled capsicum, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 120g (1 cup) light shredded 25 per cent less fat mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions until al dente. Drain. Return to the pan.
- Step 2Add the ham, capsicum and mascarpone to the pasta and gently toss until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Spoon the pasta mixture among four 310ml (1 1/4-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Step 4Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chives and season with pepper. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Leftovers: Use the chives in potato skins with sweet chilli sauce. Use the mascarpone in chocolate figs and sweet polenta cakes with mascarpone.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste