- 500g spaghetti (see tip)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 medium zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 200g 97% fat-free shaved leg ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- shaved parmesan cheese,
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and bright green. Add to pasta.
- Step 3Add tomatoes, ham and capers to frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until just heated through. Add to pasta with lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve pasta topped with parmesan.
You could use penne or spiral pasta instead of spaghetti. Stir through chopped fresh basil with the lemon juice for extra flavour.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas