- 200g 97% fat-free sliced leg ham
- 375g penne rigate
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light and creamy evaporated milk
- 40g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Preheat grill on medium-high. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place ham in a single layer on prepared tray. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Roughly chop.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 3Whisk eggs, evaporated milk and two-thirds of the cheese in a jug.
- Step 4Place pan over low heat. Add egg mixture and ham. Toss to combine. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with pepper. Serve with chives and remaining cheese.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley & Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas