- 300g dried fusilli pasta
- 380g (1 head) broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat dairy spread
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 200g lean shaved ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- olive oil cooking spray
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until just tender. Add broccoli to saucepan 1 minute before pasta is cooked.
- Step 2Meanwhile, melt dairy spread in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking until smooth. Return to heat. Add lemon rind. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sauce just comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add cream cheese and tasty cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Drain pasta and broccoli. Place in an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Top with ham. Pour cheese sauce over ham and stir until well combined. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over pasta. Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and hot. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas