- 1177 kj Energy
- 19g Fat Total
- 7g Saturated Fat
- 4g Fibre
- 15g Protein
- 24mg Cholesterol
- 1327.49mg Sodium
- 5g Carbs (sugar)
- 10g Carbs (total)
Haloumi, lentil and rocket saladPrint Recipe
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 250g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 180g pkt haloumi, cut into 8 slices
- Salt, to season
- Step 1Combine the lentils, tomato, cucumber, rocket and onion in a large bowl.
- Step 2Place the lemon juice, sugar and 2 tablespoons of oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Step 3Pat the haloumi dry with paper towel and brush with the remaining oil. Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add half the haloumi and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining haloumi, reheating the pan between batches.
- Step 4Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Divide the salad among serving plates. Top with the haloumi to serve.
Swap it: Swap the haloumi for 4 chicken breast schnitzels. Marinate the chicken in extra lemon juice and olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side.
- Author: Miranda Farr
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste