- Vegetable oil spray, to grease
- 200g silken firm tofu, drained
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 80g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, melted
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon self-raising flour, sifted
- 4 eggwhites
- Low-fat vanilla yoghurt, to serve
- Raspberries, to serve (optional)
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Spray a round 20cm cake pan with vegetable oil. Line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 2Process tofu, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add chocolate and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Fold in combined flour.
- Step 3Beat eggwhites with an electric beater in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold one-third of the eggwhite into chocolate mixture with a large metal spoon until just combined. Repeat, in two more batches, with remaining eggwhite. Spoon cake mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan to cool.
- Step 4Cut cake into slices. Top with yoghurt and raspberries and dust with cocoa powder to serve.
- High protein
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste