- Olive oil spray
- 4 filo pastry sheets
- 500g mixed marinated vegetables (we used chargrilled eggplant, roast capsicum and semidried tomatoes), well drained
- 50g pitted kalamata olives
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 250g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons good-quality basil pesto
- Small basil leaves to garnish
- Green salad, to serve (optional)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a 12cm x 35cm loose-bottomed tart pan with oil.
- Step 2Stack filo sheets on top of each other, spraying lightly with oil in between, then use to line the tart pan, trimming edges to fit.
- Step 3Line filo with baking paper, then fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice and bake for 3 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 3-4 minutes until fi lo is crisp and golden. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, pat all the vegetables well with paper towel to remove excess oil, then cut into bite-sized pieces and toss gently with olives, lemon juice and a little pepper.
- Step 5Mix ricotta, pesto, lemon zest and some salt and pepper in a bowl, then carefully spread over the base of the cooled pastry. Arrange the vegetable mixture on top, sprinkle with basil leaves, then slice and serve with a green salad, if desired.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au