- 4 x 150g beef rump steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 120g bag four leaf salad mix
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 450g can baby beets, drained, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 x 350g jar marinated fetta, reserving 2 tablespoons marinating oil
- Step 1Brush steaks with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Cook steaks for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Stand steaks, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Combine salad leaves, chickpeas and beets in a large bowl. Top with onion and fetta. Drizzle over marinating oil. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Serve steaks with salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Variations: Grill firm fish fillets such as ling or salmon, replace baby beets with segments of orange and add pine nuts for a healthy, refreshing meal. Pan-fry lean Italian-style sausages.
Replace baby beets with 200g cherry or grape tomatoes, halved. Add olives and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Make your own marinated fetta: Place fetta, peppercorns and dried mixed herbs in a clean jar. Top up with olive oil. Refrigerate for 2 days to allow flavours to develop
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas