2014 kj Energy
14g Fat Total
3g Saturated Fat
1g Carbs (sugar)
38g Carbs (total)
Grilled snapper with zucchini, risoni and parsleyPrint Recipe
- 200g risoni pasta (orzo)
- 4 x 200g snapper fillets with skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1-2 anchovy fillets (optional), chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra lemon wedges to serve
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Cook risoni in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
Cut 3-4 slits in the skin of each fish fillet and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat and cook fish skin-side down for 3 minutes. Turn fish, reduce heat to low and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat in the risoni pan. Add the garlic, sunflower seeds, zucchini and anchovy, if using, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice, risoni and reserved cooking liquid and toss well to combine. Season to taste and stir in parsley. Divide among plates and serve with snapper skin-side up.
Author: Kate Nichols
Image credit: Mark Roper