- 600g Desiree potatoes, washed, cut into wedges (see note)
- 1/4 small white cabbage, cored, finely shredded
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 Pink Lady apple, halved, cored, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 100ml whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 (about 750g) lamb leg steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 85g (1/3 cup) black olive tapenade
- Step 1Place potato in a saucepan. Cover with water. Season with salt and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, celery, apple and onion in a bowl. Add mayonnaise and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Stir in the mint leaves.
- Step 3Preheat a large chargrill on medium-high. Brush lamb with oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4Divide the potato and coleslaw among serving plates. Top with lamb and tapenade.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
If Desiree potatoes are unavailable, use Red Rascal or Royal Blue potatoes.
- Author: Leanne Kitchen
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste