- 250g haloumi, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sumac
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Lebanese eggplants, thinly sliced lengthways
- Olive oil spray
- 150g mixed salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Step 1Cut the haloumi slices into long 2cm-wide strips. Combine the sumac, lemon rind and half the oil in a large bowl. Add haloumi and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Spray half the eggplant with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining eggplant.
- Step 3Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the haloumi for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Step 4Add the salad leaves to the eggplant and toss gently to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with haloumi. Whisk the lemon juice and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste