- 400g eggplant, halved, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 400g can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, quartered
- 2/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Mainland finely grated mozzarella
- 50g baby rocket
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 x 8g sachets instant dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Extra plain flour, for dusting
- Step 1Make Pizza dough: Combine flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Add water and 3 teaspoons of oil. Stir until dough comes together. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle over a little flour. Knead for 2 minutes or until dough is smooth. Drizzle remaining oil in a large clean bowl. Add dough. Turn to coat. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Using your fist, punch down centre of dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Shape into 2 balls.
- Step 2Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Brush eggplant with oil. Cook, in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until charred and tender.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 250°C/230°C fan-forced. Grease 2 x 32cm pizza trays. Using lightly oiled hands, press dough out over prepared pans to cover bases. Spread with pesto. Top with eggplant, artichoke, tomato and mozzarella. Season. Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is crisp and cheese is golden. Serve topped with rocket.
- High fibre
Save time by using Lebanese bread or tortillas as the pizza base.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons, Andrew Young & Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas