Author Notes: This panna cotta might be vegetarian and dairy free, but it is loaded with a rich combination of sweetened green tea, coconut and almond flavors —MyMansBelly
cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
teaspoons Agar Agar Powder
tablespoons Tablespoons Green Tea Powder (matcha)
cup Coconut Oil
cup Agave Nectar
- In a saucepan add almond milk and agar agar, let it sit for 5 minutes to allow agar agar to soften.
- In a medium bowl add green tea powder, coconut oil, and agave nectar – stir to combine ingredients thoroughly and set aside.
- Bring almond milk, agar agar and vanilla to a simmer then reduce and cook for 8 minutes. Add green tea mixture and stir to combine for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Pour into 4 ramekins or small glasses. (Use ramekins if you plan to turn out onto plates. Use glasses if you intend to serve panna cotta’s in their own containers.)
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To release panna cotta from ramekins – run a knife around edges of panna cotta and place individual ramekin into warm water for approximately 30 seconds. Put plate on top of ramekin and turn over to release panna cotta from ramekin.
- Plate with melted fruit sorbet or pureed fresh fruit.