Author Notes: Very fresh and very healthy. So many flavors in very simple appetizer salad – sweet, sour, ludicrous. The fennel is the punchline. —Cordeliah
pound fresh green beans
cup pomegranate seeds
a big fennel bulb
a red onion or one shallot
Juice from one lemon
cup extra virgin olive oil
clove of garlic minced
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Meanwhile trim the ends of the green beans if necessary.
- Add one tablespoon of salt to the water. Add the green beans and boil for 7 min or until al-dente (soft, but still have some bite and still bright green).
Drain and put right away in a bowl with ice water for 5 min or so. Drain again.
- Cut the green beans to very small rounds lengthwise. Put in a bowl.
- Cut the half bulb of fennel to small pieces – a bit bigger than the size of the pomegranate seeds.
- Cut the fennel to small dice. Add the fennel and the pomegranate seeds to the bowl.
- Chiffonade the mint leaves and add them as well.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and pour on the green bean mixture.
- This salad is great even after sitting in the fridge for few hours.
1 of 2
2 of 2