- 3/4 cup (150g) brown rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 500g Coles Australian Lamb Mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 100g reduced-fat fetta
- 120g pkt Coles Brand Australian Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine or beef stock
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 4 red capsicums or yellow capsicums, halved lengthways, seeded
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 140C. Cook rice following packet directions. Set aside to cool. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add lamb and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 mins or until lamb changes colour. Stir in half the garlic. Add the paprika, oregano and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Add rice, fetta and spinach and stir to combine. Season.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the wine or stock and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until reduced by half. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 mins or until sauce thickens slightly. Season.
- Step 3Place capsicum, cut-side up, in a roasting pan. Spoon the rice mixture evenly among the capsicum halves. Pour the sauce around the capsicum. Bake, covered, for 30 mins. Uncover and bake for a further 30 mins or until capsicum is very tender. Top with parsley and lemon zest to serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Allow additional time for cooling.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles