- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 (1kg) mixed chicken pieces such as thigh cutlets, drumsticks and wings
- 3 large zucchini, halved lengthways, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 small red capsicums, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Combine oil, oregano, lemon rind and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a large, heavy-based baking dish. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Season with salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Add zucchini and capsicum. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Add remaining lemon juice to dish. Toss to combine. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
To serve: Fresh oregano leaves and pasta, or crusty bread to mop up pan juices.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas