- 400g penne rigate
- 500g lamb mince
- 120g antipasto, drained, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 700ml passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Return to the pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine mince and antipasto in a bowl. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs, shaking pan often, for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Step 3Add the passata. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 4Add the meatballs to the pasta and toss to combine.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste