- 500g lamb mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Feta cheese, to serve
- Step 1Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, parsley, lemon rind and feta in a bowl. Season with pepper. Mix to combine. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a plate.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Serve with salad and feta.
After rolling, cover and refrigerate meatballs for 30 minutes, if time permits.
Add extra oil to pan during cooking, if necessary.
Cook meatballs in batches to avoid overcrowding and prevent meatballs stewing.
Kim’s meatball tips: Grating or finely chopping vegetables will help meatballs keep their shape during cooking.
Meatballs are a great way to add ‘hidden’ vegetables to your childrens’ meals.
Serve leftover meatballs in rolls or wraps for lunch the next day.
Freeze uncooked meatballs. Place, in a single layer, in a snap-lock bag. Remove excess air. Seal. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas