- 1.6kg easy-carve leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1kg desiree potatoes, halved lengthwise, cut into 3 wedges
- 150g kalamata olives
- 150g feta, cut into3cm pieces
Cos and bean salad
- 175g baby green beans, trimmed
- 175g snowpeas, trimmed
- 1/2 cos lettuce, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Using a small knife, cut 12 x 1cm slits into lamb. Stuff each incision with a slice of garlic and a few fresh oregano leaves.
- Step 2Roughly chop remaining oregano and rosemary, then combine with lemon juice, 60ml oil, dried oregano, 2 teaspoons paprika and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Place lamb in a large roasting pan, then rub with oregano mixture to coat. Cover pan with foil and roast lamb for 1 hour.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat, then cook for 4 minutes to par-cook. Drain. Return potatoes to pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss to coat.
- Step 4Place potatoes around lamb. Roast, uncovered, basting halfway with pan juices, for a further 40 minutes or until lamb is medium or cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a plate, loosely cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes. Add olives and feta to potatoes. Increase oven to 220C fan-forced and roast for a further 15 minutes or until potatoes are golden. To make salad: Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for about 2 minutes.
- Step 5Add snow peas and cook for a further minute or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 6Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again. Toss beans and peas with remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Carve lamb and divide among plates with feta potatoes.
- Step 7Scatter with extra oregano sprigs. Serve immediately with cos and bean salad.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sophia Young, Food director – MasterChef Magazine
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au