- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 1/2 cups (105g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (280g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 2 baby cos, leaves separated
- 2 roasted capsicums, cut into strips
- 1 small telegraph cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1/2 cup mixed marinated olives
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add garlic, cumin and paprika and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, then transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool. Once cool, add the lamb, breadcrumbs and egg, season well, then stir to combine. With damp hands, form the mixture into 20 walnut-sized balls. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Step 2Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frypan over medium heat. In batches, cook the meatballs, turning, for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Place on a large baking tray and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
- Step 4Place the thick yoghurt in a bowl with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon chopped mint. Season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Step 5Arrange the lettuce, capsicum, cucumber and olives on a large serving platter or in individual bowls.
- Step 6Lightly whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with the remaining lemon juice and chopped mint. Season to taste, then drizzle dressing over the salad. Scatter meatballs on top, drizzle with the yoghurt mixture and garnish with mint leaves.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au