- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans large butter beans (or cannellini beans), rinsed, drained
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways, cut into large chunks
- 6 silverbeet leaves, centre vein removed, leaves roughly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- Step 1Heat the olive oil in a large deep frypan over medium heat. Add the onion, capsicum, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Step 2Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken or vegetable stock, canned tomatoes and butter beans and bring to the boil. Add the zucchini and simmer rapidly over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and zucchini is tender. Stir in the silverbeet and cook for 4-5 minutes until wilted.
- Step 3Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and scatter with the oregano leaves.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Tait
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au