- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 200g golden grape tomatoes, halved
- 450g fettuccine
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a ceramic baking dish.
- Step 2Combine vinegar, sugar and garlic in a jug. Place tomatoes in prepared dish. Drizzle with vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until softened.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 4Add tomato mixture and basil to pan. Toss to combine. Spoon into bowls. Serve topped with cheese.
Serve the tomato mixture and basil with grilled chicken or fish. Variations: You could add a 425g can of tuna in oil, drained, or 200g roughly chopped cooked prosciutto to pasta with the tomato mixture in step 4.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas