- 350g dried pasta
- 2 cups frozen or fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups (1L) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 240g soft goats' cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, adding the peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, then toss in olive oil to prevent it from sticking. Set aside.
- Step 2Place chicken stock in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until reduced by half. Crumble in goats’ cheese, whisking to form a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Pour boiling water through pasta and peas to reheat, then add to the sauce. Stir in half the parmesan and the basil, then toss together well. Serve with the remaining parmesan and black pepper.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au