- 150g (1 cup) frozen baby peas
- 1 x 500g pkt potato gnocchi
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 300ml light thickened cream
- 125g sliced smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- Step 1Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the peas and bring to the boil. Add the gnocchi and cook following packet directions. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 2Heat the oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until soft.
- Step 3Add the wine and cream to the shallot and bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add the wine mixture and salmon to the gnocchi mixture. Stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Divide the gnocchi mixture among serving dishes and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Shopping tip: Look for shelf-fresh potato gnocchi in the pasta aisle at Woolworths.
Swap it: For a change, swap the shallot for thinly sliced leek and the salmon for ham.
- Author: Kathy Knudsen
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste