- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices pancetta, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 x 500g packets potato gnocchi
- 100g baby spinach, chopped
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pancetta, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 2Reduce heat to medium-low. Add mascarpone, cream and nutmeg. Stir until smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until mixture just simmers.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 4Add mascarpone mixture and spinach. Season with pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Transfer to a platter. Serve.
- Low carb
Budget tip: Use middle bacon rashers instead of pancetta and save around $1.15 in total.
This dish is best served immediately.
Serves 8 as part of a banquet.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas