- 1 x 500g pkt potato gnocchi
- 160ml (2/3 cup) light thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 shortcut rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 150g 97% fat-free semi-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 40g (1 cup) baby spinach leaves
- Step 1Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine cream, water and tomato paste in a bowl. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Stir in the cream mixture, tomato and pine nuts.
- Step 3Add the gnocchi and spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Season with pepper. Divide among serving bowls to serve.
- Low carb
Shopping tip: Find the semi-dried tomatoes at the deli counter at Woolworths.
With a twist: Mixed mushroom gnocchi: Replace the bacon with 350g mixed mushrooms (such as oyster, Swiss brown and cup mushrooms), thinly sliced. Top with shaved parmesan.
- Author: Nadia French
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste