- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300g mixed mushrooms, quartered (see note)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup pure cream
- 500g packet gnocchi
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes or until almost evaporated. Add cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 3Add gnocchi and half the parmesan to cream mixture. Toss to coat. Season with pepper. Serve immediately sprinkled with remaining grated parmesan.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
We used 150g swiss brown and 150g button mushrooms.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Chris L Jones
- Publication: Super Food Ideas