- 4 gluten-free chicken schnitzel (see notes)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded, julienned
- 1 large green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 227g can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, halved
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 80g snow pea sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 1/3 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups steamed white rice, to serve
- Whole-egg mayonnaise & gluten-free soy sauce, to serve
- Step 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook schnitzels, turning, for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Cut schnitzels into thick strips.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place cucumber, capsicum, chestnuts, onion, sprouts, mint, basil, sauce and remaining oil in a medium bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Step 3Divide salad and rice among serving plates. Arrange schnitzel over salad and serve with mayonnaise and extra soy sauce.
To make your own gluten-free chicken schnitzel, try this crispy puffed rice version.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Taste.com.au