- 100g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100ml pure cream
- 3 cups Cocoa Bombs cereal (see note)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Cocoa
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped dried apricots
- 125g copha, melted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang on all sides.
- Step 2Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flours. Stir until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Spoon into pan. Using the back of a spoon, press mixture into pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown and firm to touch. Cool in pan.
- Step 3Place chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until smooth and combined. Spread over base. Set aside for 10 minutes or until set.
- Step 4Make topping Place Cocoa Bombs, sugar, coconut, cocoa and apricots in a bowl. Add copha. Stir to combine. Spread over slice. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into 24 pieces. Serve.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
You can find Cocoa Bombs gluten-free cereal in the health food section of larger supermarkets.
You can make this slice ahead and keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Author: Nadia French
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas