- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Casalare 100% white rice crumbs
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed, halved
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 300g jar gluten-free chunky tomato mild salsa dip
- Step 1Place eggs and rice crumbs in 2 separate shallow dishes. Dip 1 piece of chicken in egg mixture. Coat in rice crumbs. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, egg and rice crumbs. Cover. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add corn. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Meanwhile, pour enough oil into a large, non-stick frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 4Place avocado and salsa in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve chicken with corn cobs and avocado salsa.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Nadia French
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas