- 4 x 180g pork cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (225g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Chopped peanuts, to serve
- Step 1Season the pork. Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 2Add vinegar and 1/4 cup (55g) sugar to the pan, then cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture starts to caramelise. Add stock, chilli, ginger, garlic and fish sauce, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 3-4 minutes until sticky and reduced. Return pork cutlets to the pan and cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes until well coated in the sauce.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrot, apple and mint in a separate bowl. Combine the Dijon, mayonnaise, lemon juice and extra 1 teaspoon caster sugar, then toss with the slaw.
- Step 4Divide the pork and slaw among plates and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little & Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Andy Lewis
- Publication: Taste.com.au