- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large yellow capsicums, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 75g feta, crumbled
- Buttered light rye bread, toasted, to serve
- Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pepitas on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Toss to coat. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place tomato, capsicum, basil, vinegar and oil in a food processor. Process until almost smooth and combined.
- Step 3Divide soup between bowls. Top with pepitas, fetta and basil leaves. Serve with rye toast.
Storing the tomatoes in the fridge will make the soup a bit colder and more refreshing.
Add a delicious smoky flavour to the soup by slicing some chorizo and roasting it with the pepitas.
Make double the quantity of pepitas to have as a healthy snack.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas