- 125ml (1/2 cup) warm water
- 2 teaspoons (1 sachet/7g) dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Sea salt flakes
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a jug. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foaming.
- Step 2Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Use a round-bladed knife, then your hands, to mix until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- Step 3Spray 2 baking trays with olive oil spray. Roll out 1 dough portion to a 30cm disc and place on prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining dough. Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle with remaining oil. Season with sea salt. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until garlic is golden. Cut into quarters and serve with salad.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste