- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, trimmed, rind removed, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 350g dried fusilli pasta
- 2 cups shredded fresh rocket
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add pancetta. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until garlic is just golden.
- Step 2Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 4Stir pasta, rocket and basil into tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta mixture between bowls. Serve.
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas