- 2 x 400g cans whole Italian tomatoes
- 4 eschalots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 50g (1/3 cup) kalamata olives
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 lamb sausages
- 20g (1/4 cup) grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve
- 450g fusilli
- 30g butter
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C fan-forced. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice, then place in a small roasting pan. Peel eschalots, keeping root end attached, then cut each into 6 wedges. Peel and thinly slice garlic. Add to pan with eschalots, capers, olives and rosemary.
- Step 2Drizzle tomato mixture with oil, season with salt and pepper, then roast for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, squeeze meat from sausage casings. Combine with parmesan, then roll into 2cm balls.
- Step 3Add meatballs to pan, but don’t stir in. Roast, turning once, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to pan with butter.
- Step 4Using kitchen scissors, quickly snip whole tomatoes into small pieces in roasting pan. Tip tomato sauce into pasta, add half the reserved tomato juice, then toss to combine. Top with extra parmesan to serve.
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: MasterChef