- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- Step 1Cook rice following packet directions until tender. Spread over a tray. Cover with paper towel. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
- Step 2Heat a wok over medium heat. Add half the oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the egg. Swirl for 1 minute to coat. Slide egg onto a board. Roll up. Thinly slice. Repeat with remaining egg. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Add remaining oil to wok. Swirl to coat. Add onion and bacon. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until onion has softened and bacon is crisp. Add garlic, ginger, carrot, peas and capsicum. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 4Add rice. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through. Add soy sauce. Stirfry for 1 minute. Top with egg. Serve with Honey-soy chicken (see related recipe)
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas