- 12 baby desiree potatoes, thickly sliced
- 200g baby green beans, topped
- 12 quail eggs
- 4 (about 200g each) tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 baby red capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
- 6 red radishes, trimmed, cut into thin wedges
- 12 baby vine-ripened roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (50g) drained caperberries
Garlic aioli dressing
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) light olive oil
- Step 1For the garlic aioli dressing: place egg yolk, mustard, anchovy, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, gradually add oil in a thin, steady stream until mixture is thick and pale. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Cook potato in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes. Add the beans and cook for a further 2 minutes or until potato and beans are tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Step 3Cook eggs in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes for semi-soft boiled or until cooked to your liking. Refresh under cold running water. Peel and set aside.
- Step 4Heat chargrill pan over high heat. Brush tuna with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut into 2cm pieces.
- Step 5Arrange the potato, beans, capsicum, radish, tomatoes and caperberries on plates. Cut eggs in half and place on salad with tuna. Drizzle with aioli dressing to serve.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Quail eggs are available from delicatessens and gourmet food stores.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Andrew Lehmann
- Publication: Notebook: