Author Notes: Fresh tofu is made into crumbles and tossed with broccoli and seasoned with sea salt, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Too simple? You will be amazed how good this tastes. Many dishes tries to mask the taste of tofu with strong sauces but this recipe really allows the true goodness of tofu to shine. You can make this not with just broccoli but with blanched spinach, watercress and Korean greens like crown daisies. Possibilities are endless. —JinJoo Lee
ounces Firm Tofu (1/2 pack)
cups cut broccoli florets (chunks)
teaspoons sea salt or Diamond Kosher salt
teaspoon sesame oil
cups water for boiling
teaspoon sesame seeds, crushed
- Boil a pot of 4 cup water and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Flash cook broccoli for 2-3 minutes in boiling water so that broccoli is slightly cooked and is still a little crunchy.
- With your hands, break up tofu into small pea size pieces – into a crumble.
- Mix tofu and broccoli together. Season with salt and sesame oil and mix well again. Adjust salt amount to taste.
- Sprinkle crushed sesame seeds on top.
Photo by JinJoo Lee