- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 60g (1/3 cup) pimento-stuffed green olives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 375g pkt fresh lasagne sheets, cut lengthways into 2.5cm-wide strips
- Iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine the tomato, shallot, olives, capers, basil, vinegar and oil in a bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- Step 3Divide the pasta among serving bowls and serve immediately with lettuce.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Chris Court
- Publication: Australian Good Taste