- 5 cups caster sugar
- 1.25 litres lemon juice (about 3kg lemons)
- 2 litres cold water
- Crushed ice, to serve
- 1 lemon, sliced, to serve
- Step 1Place sugar, lemon juice and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Transfer to heatproof jugs. Cover, then refrigerate overnight.
- Step 3Add crushed ice and lemon slices to lemonade. Serve.
- Low fat
Storage tip: Lemonade will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days. Add ice and lemon slices just before serving.
- Author: Kim Coverdale & Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas