- 20g butter
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces (see note)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 400g grape tomatoes, halved
- 150g sliced leg ham, sliced
- 2/3 cup light thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 x 250g packets fresh cannelloni pasta sheets
- Step 1Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add peas, tomatoes, ham and cream. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Stir in half the pine nuts and half the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Cook cannelloni, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender (don’t stir cannelloni in water, or it will break). Using a large slotted spoon or spatula, carefully remove cannelloni to a colander. Drain.
- Step 3Place 1 cannelloni sheet on each plate (see note). Top each with 2 heaped tablespoons of vegetable mixture. Repeat layers with remaining cannelloni and vegetable mixture, finishing with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle each plate with remaining pine nuts and parmesan. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Each serve should have 3 sheets of pasta in total.
- Author: Nadia French
- Image credit: Sam McAdam
- Publication: Super Food Ideas